Menu

SickNotWeak Community Members Share Their Mental Health Stories

Community

SickNotWeak Community Members Share Their Mental Health Stories

#SickNotWeak is a statement, a movement, and perhaps most importantly, a community. We are a group...

Jun 19, 2020

Sometimes I leave, but I always come back

My name is Coconut Heels. At various times, I visit this wondrous, bizarre, vibrant and frightening place. You may have visited as well....

Jun 17, 2020

I Just Need 1 Person to Believe in Me

The walls are crumbling, I’m hurt The ocean is wild; I’m gasping for air The dark clouds hover into my world And nobody even cares. My mind...

Jun 3, 2020

10 Keys To My Success (Progress) … So Far

I, like so many first responders, have been burdened, or gifted, depending on your perspective, with PTSD and depression from a career of...

May 27, 2020

DP is his name

I have to write. Because at this very moment I’m struggling to find a glimmer of light; I need some insight. I’m constantly faced with my fight or flight, and...

May 20, 2020

Abuse, chaos and addictions

I am sharing my story today because I am Sick Not Wek and I truly believe anyone can have the strength to move...

May 13, 2020

What if

"What If" - two of the most dangerous words for a person with anxiety. ( -- Landsberg) Because those words, like liquor to the alcoholic, won't let her maintain her...

May 6, 2020

The gift of PTSD

Therapy for PTSD isn’t just about dealing with traumatic memories but also fixing the person that has been changed emotionally and cognitively by the exposure to traumatic experiences. To do...

Apr 29, 2020

Isolation Nation: Episode 17

Join us for a hero-centric episode of #IsolationNation. We are referring to all the frontline workers who are getting us through this crisis....

Apr 24, 2020

For Real This Time

I can only take so much Before I begin to explode Trigger points, panic attacks, And PTSD episodes.   After facing trauma, That involves a serious threat, A person needs to heal, Until a certain threshold is...

Apr 22, 2020

What I call an ‘almost’: My first visit with my psychotherapist

So my first visit with my psychotherapist, how did it go? It was amazing! I was early, very...

Apr 1, 2020

‘Anticipatory grief’: Dealing with unknowns in wake of the coronavirus pandemic

This is a follow-up story to a previous piece written by...

Mar 31, 2020