Menu
Proud of the Shower

Proud of the Shower

By Michael Landsberg

This content contains explicit and sensitive information that may not be suitable for all ages.

When you have fought like hell to make it to the shower, celebrate it!

Comments

june

OMG So nice to hear someone else express being proud of something as simple as having showered. I have been practicing congratulating myself for showering on my bad days for years and knowing at the same time my family and friends thankfully would not understand how important this thought process really is. I say thankfully as i feel only another fellow mental illness warrior would understand this.

ingajill

I was so relieved to hear that I’m not alone in the shower struggle. I will now be proud of the shower from this day forward. Thank you

Herberto

Nice to know I am not alone in fighting to get to the shower .

I am nobody

I’m not the only one.

I am nobody

Been trying for 5yrs. Meds don’t help, bad reactions to all of them. In counseling and getting nowhere. Don’t know what to do anymore.

Laura

Wasn’t proud of the shower today but hopeful for tomorrow.

Joan

Hard to get out of bed to get to the shower

@DepressionMuse

On my bad days showering is one of the hardest things to do. As it is I shower as little as possible which means at most I shower every 2 days. I am afraid of the shower.

VPal

Thank you, Michael!
This continues to be a struggle for me on my bad days. Nice to be reminded that we are not alone in our struggles!

Jen

Thanks! I fight the battle every day. Loving your “Sicknotweak”. The fact I am alive today and still fighting awes me. We may be the strongest people in the world tho many do not understand that. I think you do and so do I.

vpal8000@yahoo.com

So relieved that I am not the only one. I gave myself an 9 on the sickter scale today yet I still am putting off getting in the shower. I don’t understand it. It just “is”.

IanWrites

Only those who suffer with depression would ever understand this plight – the shower. Glad I’m not alone. Thanks Michael.

J9

I found I was skipping the showers but more importantly for me, the leisurely baths.I just had my first bath in over a month (I have managed some showers but they were quick, to the point and not good for the soul) and it felt great.Yes I am proud!

b-ry

wow. am so proud of all of you! I work in mental health in Calgary and there are some great supports here for people, even online ones for those that cant quite feel they can get out of the house. Keep doing what you are doing. I heard a talk recently about the power of accomplishment in making your bed, if you do get out of bed, then quickly make it. and be proud of it. brush your teeth? be proud of it. call a friend. be proud of it. rely on this forum of fellow sicknotweak warriors.
also mentalhealthchannel.tv has some great videos and encouragement from those that are also having the daily struggle.

Karen

This is my first time looking at this website. I was shocked to read about struggles other people were having that matched mine. I actually am feeling better about myself now that I see others are going through the same thing. I was so embarrassed but now will congratulate myself for this achievement.

@deblovett

I full on believe you are saving lives here. I know I stumbled upon you on twitter, and only for uh and the website today, and I’ve just read with tears non stop. I’m not alone. There are people like me who can’t get out of bed, who hear that voice, who want(ed) to die and are fighting, celebrating and supporting. Do you know how good it feels to say “oh what’s wrong? Well nothing in general but everything specifically ” and have you know what I mean? Silly me of course you do thank you for creating this Mr Landsberg

Briankab

Утепленные брюки CYLF.RU Show more!..

Kerry

I’m going through this right now. It’s Tuesday and I haven’t showered since Friday. I don’t have the strength, willpower or desire to even attempt it. Last night I had a terrible dream. There was a women standing beside me and every time someone said something hurtful or insensitive to me, they hit her with a baseball bat. Each blow from the bat caused her excruciating pain and each unkind word did the same to me. The crowd that gathered gasped, cried and was visually upset for the beating she was receiving but not one person helped me. So many times I have wished for an illness like cancer not to get sympathy but to have people rally around me giving me help and support. Thinking before they say such insensitive words to me but no one hears me.
Suicide is all I think about know…my plan is solid…I will not fail this time…and no one will care.

Leeshalyn

I showered today, and ma proud of myself. Thank you.