Menu
Change Is Hope

Change is Hope

By Michael Landsberg

This content contains explicit and sensitive information that may not be suitable for all ages.

To get some hope- you have to do one thing. Change one thing and there is hope!

Comments

Tara

Today is hard. My Dad died when I was 21 from an extensive and very painful form of Cancer. My life has been headed downhill for quite awhile now. I have 2 children who need me , but the way I am now I think they may be better off without me. I suffer from Bipolar and a heavy anxiety disorder and to top off chronic back pain and a muscle disease that also carries with it most symptoms of pain. However right here right now, I’m ready to give up and it may be due to everything mixed together, but I feel as though I have no reason for the emotional abuse I put myself through and certainly no plain reason for the emotional pain. I own my own home, my children are healthy and beautiful, I have someone who supports me in anything I want. I have friends who would be here in a second, and my Mom, who may be sick but still does anything in her power to keep me up and going. I go without nothing. Up until recently I thought it was because I felt the house needed an overhaul, but we just got all new appliances, furniture and a ton of other trimmings. So it was after that, that things got the worst they’ve ever been. I think because I realized I couldn’t buy my happiness no matter how hard I try. So here I am. Not knowing right from wrong, light from dark, black from white, up from down, you name it. Left with no real solid reason to feel what I feel. Which is the hardest part to swallow. I want to know hope when I see it, but I’ve been back and forth from this dark place for almost 27 years now. Endless meds, therapies, so what’s next? I fear if by chance I make it out of this dark place , the next visit will be my last. I can only come back here so many times. It’s like a repetitive nightmare, only one of these times I’m not gonna wake up. I just think that I’ve turned every corner, and I finally realized I’m just driving in a circle.

Jenna

I am Jenna I had bipolar since I was 16 year old not ease I have my good days and bad days

Jenna

I have OCD I talk about hockey lor and time lot like what time meet me we’re other thing about time what do one thing go next I had 6 open heart surgery and I have Bipolar I take pill help with it I got bipolar when was 16 year old

Sam

I manage my bipolar holistically with vitamins and minerals and what helps me when I have bipolar rage attacks is Inositol powder. As soon as I take it, I calm down in minutes. It is a form of B vitamin that works for hormonal rage attacks and for bipolar rage and delusions.

Kelly

A combination of things has made things better for me. Getting on the right meds. DBT. Hanging out with my animals (including walking my pup). Journaling. Cutting most caffeine and alcohol out of my diet.

Smerf

I got out of my anxiety disorder with a book I found online, It’s called (The Linden Method) IT WORKS, If you do what it says in the book exactly. Don’t get me wrong not all days are perfect and never will be. I haven’t had any panic attack for over a year now. Had panic attacks for over 5 years. Anxiety is a behavioral condition not a mental condition. All though it sometimes doesn’t feel that way. I’m 34, I’ve had anxiety all my life and I know this works.

Smerf

Drugs are not the answer for anxiety anyway. It’s like taking a pill to learn how to drive a car. I’m of all mine drugs for a year and a half now, and still getting better.

Paul

I would like to know that tiny step towards hope because I’m in financial turmoil and it’s hard to overcome this mess, I don’t want to kill myself over it either.

LPBeier

What changed things for me was when I realized that however much my loved ones said they were affected by my mental health, I was affected 10 times more. Why? Because I could see what it was doing to me and others as it was happening but couldn’t do anything about it. That moment is when I was able to start gaining control.

rocky

I have PTSD. I’m veteran, I’ve been through a lot because no help to be found, wsib. Manulife or Alligion the company that trigger the PTSD to the roof

Vikkie

My change started when I found my voice. I was reaching out for help and had too many doors shut in my face. I learned to speak up that I needed help for my not just myself but for my family. It was ok not to be ok and instead of being silent and accepting things I could say NO and I am not ashamed. I still struggle daily but finding my voice was my change. I learned it was ok to be in control of my mental health and what was best for me.

androgeny

there are many doors a person can open, look at and not find the heart nor will to walk through. a person may know that what is behind that door would risk all. For all those people who think repression is an option, i guarantee it will fuel depression. You can find a way so talk to someone